Sunday, January 29, 2006

 
Sow a thought
and you reap an act
sow an act
and you reap a habit
sow a habit
and you reap a character
sow a character
and you reap a destiny
~Samuel Smiles



"I am ready to be, all You've given me to be, Lord I offer You my pride, lay it down. Where I have been bound, Father come and set me free. I am ready now to be~ finally, faithfully, willingly~me." Twila Paris



"I will open up my heart and let the Healer set me free!"
~Delirious5?



Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23,24



Lord, I choose You over discouragement.



He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
Psalm 91:4



Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

LORD, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, let me sow pardon.
Where there is friction, let me sow union.
Where there is error, let me sow truth.
Where there is doubt, let me sow faith.
Where there is despair, let me sow hope.
Where there is darkness, let me sow light.
Where there is sadness, let me sow joy.

Oh Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand, to be loved as love. For it is in giving that we receive. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned. It is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?